Chicago has a vast public transit system, the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority). Here are some helpful details getting to Chicago Fantasy Rentals by public transit.
Nearest CTA bus stop: a stop for the 81 Lawrence bus is just steps from our front door and runs 24/7. All CTA buses are wheelchair accessible.
Nearest L train stop: the Kimball Brown Line station is 7 blocks away. It is wheelchair accessible.
Accessibility and Public Transit in Chicago:
All CTA buses are wheelchair accessible. Accessibility features include:
- Ramps at the forward doors
- Designated priority seating and wheelchair securement areas
- Automated voice announcements and accompanying text displayed on LED signs
100 of the 145 L train stops in Chicago are accessible. Chicago Fantasy Rental’s nearest L stop, the Kimball Brown Line station is one of the accessible stops.
L Train Station Information: From the CTA’s website, “In general, during rail service hours, personal support from CTA personnel is available at every rail station. Customer assistance buttons are located in the station house and along the platform and can be used to request assistance. Other accessibility features at rail stations include:
- Audio and Braille equipped fare vending machines (Learn more: Physical Description of Vending Machines)
- Wheelchair accessible fare gates
- Braille station and platform signage
- Elevators and/or ramps
- Tactile platform edging
- Gap filler boards to bridge the space between the platform and the rail car”
L Train Car Information: According to the CTA’s website, the following are some of the accessibility features currently available across their “train cars:
- Accessible doors
- Priority seats and designated wheelchair securement areas, as well as emergency call buttons available within this area
- Exterior and interior automated voice announcements for stops and routes
- Braille signage
- Two interior LED signs displaying automated announcement text (5000-series only)”
More information about accessibility and Chicago’s public transit system available here.